Burda International GmbH with publishing houses in 20 countries is part of Hubert Burda Media with 2.6 billion Euro sales, 234 consolidated companies, over 10,000 employees, and engaged in publishing, printing, digital media and internet. Also part of Hubert Burda Media is Burda Druck GmbH, a multinational printing company with capacity of 450,000 tons of paper printing at various locations in France, Germany & India. Burda is expanding its printing operations by entering into a strategic partnership with leading printing companies in various parts of Africa.
We are presently seeking a Plant Manager, based in Kigali / Rwanda, for our printing partner PRINTEX. This position will be reporting directly to the Director Printing Asia & Africa of Burda International GmbH.
Purpose of the Position
- Responsible for effective management of complete printing & post printing operations including management of 50+ employees, 4 sheet fed machines, perfect binder & section sewing M/cs etc.
- Responsible for skill & process enhancement of available assets by leading & coordinating technology transfers between existing print locations in Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Production planning and control of print jobs to maximize capacity utilization and operational efficiency of the whole plant.
- Managing and controlling organization assets including material, machine, employees etc. and promoting improvement activities across the plant.
- Implement standard operating procedures in entire plant to ensure process standardization and work safety for an accident free plant.
- Preparation of annual operation budgets for raw materials, Maintenance & Capital Investments and controlling the same on actual basis.
- Developing and maintaining quality standards for all jobs to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Formulating short and long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement and continued customer satisfaction.
- Overseeing all hiring activities and ensuring an effective and productive workforce by implementing various training programs for employees and developing overall skillset.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Printing/Engineering with experience of 8+ years in printing operations and minimum of 3 years in managing of commercial printing operations.
- Experience in sheet fed printing operations with practical knowledge of pre & post printing operations is an absolute must.
- Fluency in English is mandatory/ additional command of the French language would be an asset.
- Readiness for immediate relocation to Kigali for a period of 2-3 years.
- Candidate shall be open for business travel to Europe, Asia and Africa on requirement basis.
If you meet the requirements above and if you are interested in a challenging position with lots of opportunities please send your application with cv in English by email to
We kindly ask for understanding that only suitable applications can be followed up with.