Hubert Burda Media is one of Europe´s largest Media companies. A German global player with a multitude of international subsidiaries and transnational brands in 20 countries. The company is globally active in the fields of magazines, digital and printing. Burda’s International printing activities are one corner stone of the business strategy.
Burda Druck India Ltd. is an established printing house in New Delhi with 38.000 tons of production. Together with plants in Germany and France it forms the printing division of Hubert Burda Media.
Currently, Burda Druck India Ltd. is seeking a Chief Operating Officer with strong controlling know-how, reporting to the Director Printing Asia & Africa of Burda International GmbH (functionally) and to the CEO of Burda Druck India Ltd. (legally). The holder of this position will be a Member of the local Management Team. The position will be accountable for supervising the entire organization operations and maintain control of diverse business operations.
Purpose of the Position
- Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s operational objectives and initiatives.
- Is in charge for the attainment of short- and long-term financial and operational goals.
- Uses deep controlling understanding to direct the development of the organization to ensure future growth.
- Design and implement business plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, based on deep controlling understanding
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field / MSc/MBA with 5-10 years of experience in print or other relevant experience
- Proven knowledge of managing and controlling paper consumption, counting devices, utilization degree of machines, machine scheduling
- Knowledge of tender procedures and bid bond procedures (Finance)
- Proven experience as COO with strong controlling exposure or similar experience, ideally gained in a printing plant
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Sales etc.
- Demonstrable competency in planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational, leadership abilities, and excellent interpersonal
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive environment
- Excellent management skills, as well as leadership and networking skills
- Having lived and worked abroad for an international company
- Fluent command of the English language
If you meet the requirements above and if you are interested in a challenging position with lots of opportunities please send your application with cv in English by email to
We kindly ask for understanding that only suitable applications can be followed up with.